Reporting to the Factory / Operations Managers, the Sanitation Team Leader will be responsible for supervising sanitation work throughout the facility.
They will need to perform an extensive range of functions in a food production plant, as well as maintain a high standard of cleanliness in compliance with GMP, safety and quality standards.
The role is predominantly night shift, however, you will need to be flexible with your availability as the position may vary between afternoon or night shift to meet production demands & schedules. The role is Casual but can progress into full time for the right candidate.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full understanding of cleaning operations and of all equipment in a dairy environment
- Maintain accurate cleaning records
- Operate clean in place (CIP) systems
- Disassemble/resemble and clean/sanitise machine parts and other equipment
- Responsible for all sanitation duties around the plan
- Prepare the production and packing rooms for the following days production
- Ensure all safety, quality and operational issues are being reported to the Factory Manager
- Staff training
The successful candidate must:
- Food Manufacturing/Industry experience is a must.
- Demonstrate 3-5 years in a supervisory role; leading and directing teams
- Have the ability to prioritise and knowledge of the lean principles.
- HACCP knowledge essential but SQF preferable
- Have a level of physical fitness and resilience; able to lift 25 kg and stand for extended periods of time.
- Be experienced in, and available to work in a shift environment
- Have a good eye for detail
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Work well as part of a team or under pressure
- Have Effective Communication – liaising with other departmental team leaders regarding continual improvement
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision and able to display initiative.
- Must understand and apply of all safety procedures.
- Have excellent written, numeracy and oral communication skills.